Tuesday 29 July 2014

Spiced Chickpea burger with Mango Basil Mayonnaise

The is the second recipe for my double whammy of recipes.

We all want to be healthy, try to reduce our meat content and try something new. The problem is, sometimes we just cannot find that one tasty dish. Well I believe I have found one tasty veggie dish I will return to again and again.

The idea came from a tesco's recipe card on burgers and I thought, how about I try the spiced chickpea one with some Chef Flo flare. My wife said they tasted good but she would rather eat the chicken one but only because she likes meat over veggie food.


So to make four of these delicious burgers you will need:-

1 tin of Chickpeas (250g drained and crushed)
1egg
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp olive oil
25g bread crumbs
pinch of salt and pepper

Buns (I used carrot)
salad

For the Mayo:-

1 Basic Mayonnaise
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp Mango chutney
pinch of salt

So just add all the burger ingriedients into a bowl and mix until it all comes together. Divide into 4 pieces and form into burgers, I made them about 2 cm thick. Brush both sides with all and put on a heated pan for about 4 minutes, until nice a golden, then turn over and repeat. (They will also go on the BBQ just fine)

The Mayo is simple, just add the basil, chutney and salt to the basic recipe and mix together.

Then assemble as you desire. I put my salad on the bottom then the burger and topped with the mayo.

I loved these and really think that even if you are a meat eater you will find some space in your life for these. They are great for a lunch snack too.

No comments:

Post a Comment