Tuesday 29 July 2014

Chicken and Bacon Burger with Caramelised Red Onion and Sweet Chilli Mayo

This week I will give you a double whammy of recipes. Two tasty burgers to satisfy all.

I love Chicken burgers, real chicken burgers that is. I love them more so than beefburgers because of the massive amount of variety you can do with them. This time I made a chicken and bacon burger topped with home made sweet chilli mayonnaise and caramelised red onion.


This will make 4 delicious, mouth watering burgers:-

For the Burger:-

400g Minced Chicken
1 egg
75g breadcrumbs
50g bacon rashers, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt and pepper
buns (any kind, I used carrot ones)
salad

For the Caramelised onions:-
One medium red onion, sliced
1tbsp brown sugar
2tbsp water
1tsp oil

For the Sweet Chilli Mayo:-
1 Basic Mayonnaise 
1tbsp sweet chilli sauce

First combined the burger ingredients and form into four burgers. I do this by forming a ball and then flattening it. Then brush your burgers with a little oil and heat a pan up. Cook them on both sides for about 4-5 minutes, getting a nice golden colour on them. (You can even do them on the BBQ if you want).

For the onion, heat the oil in a small pan and add the onions, sweat them for 2 minutes then add the sugar. Cook for a further minute, letting the sugar caramelise and stick to the onion. Add the water and cook until all the water is gone and your onions are nice and sticky.

The mayo is simple, just stir the sweet chilli sauce in your mayo mix.

Now all that is left is to assemble your burger. I put my salad on the bottom followed by the burger, mayo and finally topped with the caramelised onions.

It was so moreish that I had a hard time resisting eating them all. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment